Monday, January 3, 2011

11| 1-3-89

The fondest memories I have of my brother are during his college years when he came home for summer and winter breaks. We would "camp out" in our downstairs living room, staying up late and watching The Real World, Who's Line Is It Anyways?, and Martin while eating Totino's pepperoni pizzas and Bagel Bites. I hated when his breaks would end and he went back to school. I tried reliving our "camp outs" by myself, but they were never the same. Martin wasn't as funny and Bagel Bites didn't taste the same.

Well, now I have grown out of my elementary days and my brother has grown out of his college days, and our lives are much different. The tables have turned and I am now the one coming home from college for breaks. I still keep our tradition alive, however, eating food and watching TV. (It's a luxury I don't receive during the school year.)

My brother, on the other hand, has started a beautiful family and is living in Illinois, so the opportunity to see him is not as great as it used to be. I would give anything to go back to the days of my purple sleeping bag and his green one. But, we cannot live in the past. We can, however, visit it, which is what I am doing with this blog posting.

Happy Birthday, to the best brother I know! Another year older, another year blessed. Give all the girls a big kiss for me, even Sadie. I miss and love you all!
There was a marathon of Martin on New Year's Day, and it really brought back memories of our "camp outs." I should have put a Totino's pizza in the oven for reminiscent purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment