But, what I love most is what many sports enthusiasts like to call Bowl Season. Now, I wouldn't necessarily call myself a sports enthusiast. I'm also nowhere close to being an ESPN analyst or at the level of my sports obsessed brother, but I do enjoy laying on the couch and watching a football game. I've already caught the Maaco- Las Vegas Bowl, the Poinsettia Bowl, the New Mexico Bowl, and the Humanitarian Bowl, which, we unfortunately couldn't defend our reigning title. I already told my mom on New Year's Day I plan on lounging on the couch all day watching the bowl games on TV. It's 2011! Time for some college football with Dad!
In addition, I use this time to catch up on the NFL football I'm unable to watch during the school year. Considering I spawn from a die-hard New Orleans Saints family, I planned last night around Monday Night Football. When I went to Red Bento with Kelvin and James for our weekly sushi dinner, I even drove to the restaurant at halftime and asked the waitress if we could change the channel from college basketball. Then, I made those two sit there with me after finishing our food until the game was over and I was sure the Saints had taken the W. As EPSN said today, the Saints proved they are "still the team to beat." Who Dat??
I think I enjoy this time mostly because I wouldn't be able to do this at school. One week, I skipped our Monday night family-style dinner before our chapter meetings simply because I wasn't hungry. Instead, Savannah and I sat in the TV room and watched Monday Night Football: the 49ers and the Cardinals. I was hoping to get my dose of football in, but we soon heard the door open as everyone came out of the kitchen from dinner.
"What are you guys watching?? Keeping Up With the Kardashians was on!"
"Monday Night Football."
"Well, after chapter, we're turning it back to E!"
So, in the meantime, I'll just savor my television time at home. Here I lie, icing my ankle from the SYRD mishap and writing this blog all while watching the Insight Bowl.
No comments:
Post a Comment