I have to admit…one of my main reasons for starting this blog is because my dear friend, sorority sister, and role model, Kayte Curtis, inspired me to do so with her own blog, Color Me Bella. This woman radiates charisma and passion and has a natural talent when it comes to fashion and beauty. Pro, con, pro for any of you sorority girls out there- even though I don’t have anything negative to say about her.
Kayte stood out to me- in a good way- among the other 80+ girls at Kappa Kappa Gamma on my bid day in 2009. I remember thinking, “Who is this senior singing ‘Kappa Babies’ to the tune of Hurricane Chris’ ‘Halle Berry?’” In my head I thought, “She makes up her own songs to rap music…I like this girl!”
And during the one year we had together, I realized how much she and I are alike. I mean, Kayte would rather wear yoga pants or leggings on any given day equipped with a brightly colored Lululemon headband, she prefers a glass of wine over…anything, black decorative items on her desk were a must, pasta is our favorite food, and despite being a senior who moved on to the bars and put the fraternities in the past, she was still a Delta Chi girl at heart.
Kayte taught me a lot throughout my freshman year whether it was blatant or indiscreet. She taught me how to wear boots with socks, how red lipstick can make anything look chic, that despite the popular saying less is not necessarily more when it comes to accessories, that you don’t have to put rain boots away after the age of 11, and how to appreciate Chuck Bass as a mysterious, charming work of art. But besides beauty and fashion, Kayte also taught me how to make the best of awkward situations, that it really doesn’t matter what people on our campus think about you, and that it’s OK to fall flat on your face in public as long as you laugh it off because, really, confidence is what is most attractive about a woman.
Color Me Bella follows Kayte through her journey in Los Angeles in the world of love, beauty, fashion, and beaches. Not only does she cover press events but she is also fortunate enough to be invited to private tables with bottles at trendy L.A. nightclubs. Another reason I love Color Me Bella? It’s another way for me to stalk Kayte after graduating and leaving me on Elm Street for the real world.
Anyways, this blog post isn’t me worshipping my love for Kayte Curtis- even though it could be if you wanted to interpret it that way. Consider it more of an opening act for a well-known band: colormebella.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment