Thursday, December 30, 2010

9| Nicole Lewis Photography


I’m sure everyone remembers his or her first best friend, usually dating back to preschool or kindergarten. Most people probably also had some sort of homemade, beaded friendship bracelet for proof. And, like with many preschool and kindergarten friendships, the beautiful union between the two ended after a few hours. Well, my first best friendship is much different than that. My first best friend is
still and always will be my best friend.

Nicole Lewis is, in all seriousness, my other half and my long lost twin- our parents will attest to this statement. We met at the ripe, young age of 2, and have formed an incredible bond ever since. Growing up, Nicole and I spent an incredible amount of time together, eating Kudos snack bars after school and making up dance routines to The Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears. We also, as many "sisters" do, fought constantly, and always over the pettiest things. However, I would give my left arm (because I'm right handed) to go back to the days of our sleepovers and after school fun because ever since the Lewis family moved back to California in fourth grade, I have missed my best friend so much.

Thankfully, my parents sent me to San Diego for a week the summer before my senior year of high school to visit Nicole and her family, and, let me tell you, I caught California Fever and never wanted to turn back. We may have spent seven years apart but we still are exactly the same.


June 2008

But, as much as I miss and love her, the reasoning behind this posting is to promote Nicole's natural talent (besides dancing): photography. I am always in awe at her portraits and the work she does. Thanks to the 21st Century, Facebook, Twitter, and all the blogging sites make it possible for me to view her work. The next day after I came back from San Diego that summer I had my senior portraits taken. Looking back, senior pictures on the beach with her behind the camera would have been ideal.

An aspiring fashion photographer, Nicole has the ability to piece together outfits for, not only her models, but herself as well in a manner I would never think of. Every year for Christmas and her birthday I purposely buy her something at the mall I don't know how to wear because I know she will find a way to wear it and rock it. Her portraits should be featured in an Urban Outfitters catalog or in a five-page spread of Vogue because she has both the eye for fashion and photography. Nicole's settings are usually in remote locations of San Diego and the surrounding area, and, in my opinion, always serve as a stark contrast to the model and outfits. Ah! In a nutshell, her photography makes me want to go shopping!

If you want to be inspired to go through your wardrobe to piece together outfits you would have never thought of or to simply see works of art, take a look at Nicole's work:

(I chose this picture because I gave her that scarf last year for her birthday :) )

Like I said at the beginning of this blog, I am easily inspired. And, after looking through her pictures I always want to take my camera out and start taking pictures even though my talents will never be at the level of hers. So, readers, be amazed and be inspired. BUT, remember to give this girl credit for her work. She, as with any artist, takes it very seriously and puts a lot of hard work into her photography. I know one day Nicole will fulfill her dreams of becoming a fashion photography, and I will be able to say, "That's my best friend since diapers. We have the friendship bracelets to prove it."



1 comment:

  1. OMGG AHHH!!! <33333

    MEGAN aww i miss you soo much, this made me smile SUPER big
    =D <---like that only 100x bigger! hhahah

    please please please come back to cali! and we can do a REAL fashion shoot =] I shoot, you model, we style?! yes, yes?! okay it's planned!

    I love you bestest bestest twin!

    ReplyDelete